Tuesday, February 27, 2007

For a Thought

I am thinking. Perhaps of you.
Perhaps not. I watch time go by.
My skin turns cold, watching.
Morning falls. Night sun rises.
I see you walk past. Alone.
Always looking down, perhaps
For a penny coin.
I place one in your path.
You don’t stop.

An old man, walking stick,
Battered. Leaning heavily
On the floor. Your eyes droop
As though your skin were crying.
I smile. Your gaze falls.
Limp onwards,
Tarmac on feet.
One step at a time.
No more.

A young woman, red hair tied
Roughly. She was a little girl once,
With a red ribbon. Now she wears a
Sari. Bindi glints in the light.
Out of place. Beautiful.
No grace. She clops
In wooden shoes.
Small room. Rented.
Alone.

I am thinking of you.
Reading this. Our one connection.
You are thinking. Perhaps smiling.
Perhaps deeper. My thoughts
Are of this world.
Are part of you.
I am a part of you.
I know your name.
You.

No comments: