Wednesday, September 06, 2006

One, Two, Three, Wink.

Stand and be gazed at. You see eyes,
Everywhere. They attempt to absorb you,
Gather you into their arms and strike you
Dumb. Absorb all you know. In a moment.

I’m meant to talk my years into their mind,
Speak away their fears into blind belief.
You must be kidding. And yet, they gaze
Putting their dreams into their glares.

I remember this. I try to think, try to know
Of my years and yet they vanish.

Vanish into nothing.

I’m meant to know something.
I’m meant to understand myself.
And yet, i’m yet young.

They grumble and poke papers into the correct order.
I tell them to smile and they do, only to let it fade
After a moment. I tell them it’s safe.
They reply with panicking eyes.

How can I turn darkness into light?
How can I turn the world around?
Brown eyes blue?
One,
Two,
Three,
Wink.

No comments: