Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Breathe Me

I want to be surrounded. Held in ethereal hands.
Hugged by arms that don't exist. Not in a
Conventional sense of course. I'm not human. That's
Insulting actually. I'm not chained to the earth, like you.

I want to be moved. I'm a lazy old girl really.
Don't like to bother to move myself. Let the other
Elementals do it for me. Though sometimes they need
A kick in the backside. Get a tiny tempest going, just for fun.

I want to be loved. That's why I like the tiny people dancing.
They love me moving around them. It's a thrill.
But people quickly forget I danced the foxtrot with them
At practice, when they're holding a physical hand.

I want to be breathed. "It doesn't matter what you want. You
Just exist," said a little girl. I want to be worshipped and warmed
By their moist heat. I want to be thought about. Counted
Slowly, as if saying a numerical prayer to my quantity.

No comments: